Fix Buffering and Playback Issues
Get Better Streaming Video
Streaming issues such as slow carrier download speeds, narrow bandwidth and unstable Internet connections interfere with the ability to appreciate WWE Network at its fullest. Fortunately, these issues can be resolved with basic troubleshooting.
1. Make sure your network supports streaming. Public WiFi connections, like the ones in hotels, schools, hospitals and other shared spaces, often limit bandwidth or prohibit streaming services. All activity on the network affects streaming quality.
2. Check bandwidth and speed. WWE Network needs a minimum download speed of 7 Mbps for reliable standard video (SD) on demand. HD needs 10 Mbps. Slow speeds, narrow bandwidth and varying signal strength will cause problems with your stream. Your internet provider offers testing tools as well as suggestions on how to improve video playback. Use their tools or use an online tool such as Speedtest.net.
Restart your device
Free up memory space and resolve other performance issues by restarting your device.
Powered Devices. Unplug your TV, game console or set top box. Wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.
Mobile Devices. Power down and then power up again.
Restart your home network
Restart the modem and/or router on your home network to improve streaming.
- Unplug the modem and router from their power source. Wait 30 seconds. Plug the device back in.
- Wait for modem to reconnect to Internet Service Provider.
- Restart player device.
- Launch the WWE Network app.
Evaluate your modem/routerlocation
Improve signal strength and quality by repositioning your modem or router.
- Raise your modem or router off the floor and keep it away from obstructions like walls and baby monitors, etc.
- Move the router and device closer together. The distance between the device and router can affect the quality of the Wi-Fi signal.
- Connect the device directly to the modem with a cable rather than through Wi-Fi.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection. Turn off any devices, including cell phones, tablets and laptops, that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Close all applications - especially cloud back-up or sync applications (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud), games, movies or music, and video communications apps like FaceTime and Skype.